Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Johnson City just made Jay leno

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Johnson City just made Jay leno

    I was just watching Leno and he said somehting about police in JC just arrested a baptist preacher wearing a mini skirt and bottle of vodka and pills trying to have sex with the cops. Anyways something that.

    Kevin said is there really a place called Johnson City? Jay was like yes Im surprised you don't have the movie Kev. It was pretty funny.

    Anyways anybody got a link to the story about the guy?
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    I believe Johnson City was on Conan a few days ago too but that might have been a re-run.

    I personally cannot wait til 2008 and Conan gets the Tonight Show. I think for the past 4 years he has been head and shoulders above Leno. And I am tired of waitin up til 15 til 1 just to here his monologue.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    I agree Dane, but Leno is trying to keep his job. If so, Conan will be looking to ABC or Fox for a new late night show. NBC also has Jimmy Fallon on retainer in case something happens and they lose either Leno or Conan. They are paying him like 8 million I believe not to sign elsewhere during that time.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    Conan is a good late late guy, I don't see him being the 11:30 guy, completely different audience for the 2 time segments.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am tired of waitin up til 15 til 1 just to here his monologue</div></div>

    ever heard of DVR or Tivo. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Yeah I don't have one either so it's catch it when it's on or don't see it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member theletterl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    I think Leno is great!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    Conan is so much better than Leno.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    [<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    ever heard of DVR or Tivo. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Yeah I don't have one either so it's catch it when it's on or don't see it. </div></div>

    not when u got basic cable.

    I agree I think Leno's humor targets more of the older crowd 35 and up...

    I just think Jay is really corny./
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    Exactly, the 35 and ups watch the 11:30 and Conans audience is up for the 1:00 show.
    I don't watch any of them anyway, catch Letterman's or Leno's monologue every now and then so I don't really care who gets the job just think they are looking at it the same way want Conan for the late late spot and someone else for the late spot.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member theletterl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Johnson City just made Jay leno

    I just think Conan is obnoxious. I just got so tired of the joke of looking like the Finnish president and doing the Trump hair deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •